Sad news : -SEGALE passed away



Veteran radio presenter Segale Mogotsi died yesterday.

MZANSI’s airwaves have lost a giant.
Veteran radio man Segale Mogotsi (47) died in the early hours of yesterday morning at Edenvale Hospital in Ekurhuleni.
The North West FM host seems to have predicted his own death as just six days before, he took to Twitter to write about his ill-health. “Mara health. Does it have to be this painful and one be so helpless? This past week alone I lost 2 friends. Am I next? RIP Mdoo & Ken Modise.”
David Mabusela, North West FM station manager, said Segale didn’t make it to work on Saturday for his afternoon show, Platinum Network Castle. “We are at a loss.”
Sarah Phaweni, Segale’s niece, said he had been ill on and off since May. “He would get better and stronger but his condition worsened over the past few days.”
She said they were grateful for all the support the family has received.
It is still unclear what he died from.
Segale’s radio career spanned over 20 years on and off air.
Here’s what some of the greats he worked with had to say about him:
    A distraught Adil More of Metro FM said: “What a shock! I knew him long before I got into radio. He believed in his ideas, even when others didn’t see his vision.”
    Metro FM’s DJ Christos said: “It’s a huge blow to me. We worked very closely together.”    Metro FM’s Amon Mokoena said: “I was with him just two months ago.

“He gave me a lot of advice. I have great memories.”
Segale worked at Metro, Kaya, Jozi and Motsweding radio stations.

Post a Comment

0 Comments